My house build journey : Technical consultation (Tekniska Samråd)
If you haven’t yet read the previous articles in this series, you can find them at the following links
- My house build journey : Location
- My house build journey : Design
- My house build journey : Building permit
After I had received by my building permit (bygglov), I had a bunch of items to be completed before I could have a technical consultation meeting with the municipality. It took more time than anticipated. The time can be summarised by 4Ds.
Drawings, Delays, Decisions, Detour
Technically, :) technical consultation meeting can be held as soon as the building permit gains legal effect(after 4 weeks of bygglov decision unless appealed). A good amount of time could have been saved with better planning and preparation, but at that point my main goal was to apply for bygglov as soon as possible which was my best decision at that point. Nevertheless, once I had most of my pending items finalised, I requested for a meeting with the municipality. The meeting involved 3 people.
Byggnadsinspektor (Building inspector from municipality),
Byggherre (Builder i.e Me),
Kontrollansvarig (Control Manager ).
My kontrollansvarig was on the phone since he is not allowed to travel as per health agency recommendations for people over 70 years of age.
I had sent all PDFs of drawings and documents beforehand in the technical consultation meeting request email. The building inspector had already gone through it and was well prepared. There were some open items to be decided.
- Construction drawings (K-ritningar): This was done by the same company who did bygglov drawings. It took quite some time to finalize all feedback (some corrections were sloppy) but got those drawings and also in dwg/rvt format. dwg format seems to be commonly used for CAD softwares. I could then pass this onto another architect for plumbing drawings.
- Plumbing drawings (VA-ritningar): Started looking out for companies and got some quotes. The offers were very comparable and both seemed to have good reviews. I came to know about this site called reco.se where customers provide reviews for services hired. Went with the lower cost option. The delivery time was 8 working days but it started a bit late but had good feedback iterations…