My house build journey: CLT frame installation (K L trä stomresning), Insulation (Isolering)
The CLT frame was originally scheduled to be assembled on week 50, 2020. It was postponed to week 1, 2021 and again postponed and finally assembled on week 3, 2021.
Nevertheless, this was certainly the most exciting and action packed part of the journey so far. Amazing to see the walls, roof, weatherproofing membranes go up in a span of few days. A lot of good things and some not so good things.
My previous articles at
- My house build journey : Location
- My house build journey : Design
- My house build journey : Building permit
- My house build journey : Technical Consultation
- My house build journey : Stalled by Bank Bureaucracy
- My house build journey: Start Message
- My house build journey: Foundation
We needed some preparations to be done before the CLT installation.
- Electricity connection (El anslutning): Mostly, everyone uses this ByggStröm (Construction electricity) for the time of the construction.
It is usually a box like stand that connects to the electricity line that comes up in the site. And later, when walls are done, they build the fasadmätarskåp (Facade meter cabinet) i.e the electricity box with the meter mounted to the outer wall. I went a bit other way with something called as markmätarskåp (Ground meter cabinet).
In this type, a meter is setup on the site and this connection can also be used for construction.
- Scaffolding (Byggställning): Scaffolding is setup around the foundation. The soil that was excavated from the foundation was used to around the foundation. It was a probably not a good idea. Incessant rains had made it super soft. Also, it was not compacted. I had to get some extra macadam put…