My house build journey : Building permit (Bygglov)

6 min readMay 10, 2020

In the previous article, I shared about the house design. In this article, I will share the details about bygglov, building permit process.

While SketchUp is good for amateur design and experimentation, it is not optimal ( at least I am not knowledgeable enough) to generate the kind of professional drawings required for building permit application. Normally one would hire an architect and they would do the design, modelling, drawings, visualisations, 3D renderings, solar studies and much more. I did not get an “architect” architect but got…


Solving Problems. Making Software Better. Intrigued by Elegant Solutions.